There are a lot of criminal offences and therefore also a lot of types of criminal cases. We have expertise and can assist you in each of them, either as a victim or as a suspect. This also applies to the many forms of special criminal law, for example in cases of social criminal law, fiscal criminal law and customs criminal law, environmental criminal law, urban planning infringements, bankruptcy offences and corporate criminal law in the broad sense.
If you are suspected of having committed a crime, we will discuss with you, and when the case lends itself to it, whether your file is eligible for a friendly settlement.
If you are invited for an interrogation (as a suspect or as a witness), you have the possibility to be assisted by a lawyer. Of course you can call on our office for this.
We also have special expertise in conducting proceedings before the highest courts, namely the Belgian Court of Cassation, the Constitutional Court and the European Court of Human Rights.
We provide services to:
Victims or suspects can be assisted by us throughout the entire criminal procedure. Of course, you can also call on us for proceedings before the highest courts. Contact us without obligation to find out more about how we can help you with your case.
Maybe you are entitled to legal aid. If you have a legal assistance insurance, it is possible that your insurer will contribute to our costs. Check your insurance policy or provide us with your insurance details so that we can check for you whether you qualify for this.
We are regularly engaged by attorneys or (national and international) law firms:
- for the provision of assistance in complex criminal cases
- to complement a legal team
- for drawing up opinions or expert opinions
- to conduct specific proceedings before the highest courts
- as a hired gun to bring a specific criminal case to a successful conclusion or to assist in tackling a specific (legal) problem
If you are a lawyer and would like to call on us, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss a possible cooperation. For many attorneys or law firms, using our office for specific criminal cases is the perfect scenario to deliver tailor-made solutions for the client and to offer the appropriate expertise in criminal cases.
Public services can call on our office for, among other things:
- legal advice
- assistance as a civil party
- assistance in proceedings before the highest courts
Companies are also regularly confronted with criminal law (as a suspect, as a witness or as a third party who is confronted, for example, with searches of houses or seizures) and can call on our services in the broadest sense of the word, e.g. for the purposes of criminal law:
- legal advice or assistance in criminal matters
- legal advice on rights and obligations and best practices in interrogations, searches and other investigative acts
- assistance in interrogations (as a suspect or witness) of managers, board members or staff members
- intervention to obtain the release of seized goods
- negotiations on friendly settlements
- drawing up affidavits or expert opinions on Belgian law that can be used abroad